Hess Corporation; Community Development Officer
Posting date: March 14, 2012
Expiry date: March 28, 2012
Hess Corporation is a leading global independent energy company, engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, as well as in refining and in marketing refined petroleum products, natural gas, and electricity. Our vision is to maximize shareholder value by enhancing financial performance and providing long-term profitable growth. We attract and motivate highly talented people who embrace their work with a passion to be the best. Hess Corporation has offices in 20 countries across six continents. The company s headquarters is in New York City, with key regional headquarters in Houston; London; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Woodbridge, N.J.
Currently we have a position open as Community Development Officer (08009).
Located in the Onshore Processing Facility in Gresik, Surabaya, the employment status of this position is Third party Contractor.
1. Provide technical supports in annual and quarter planning, implementing and monitoring SR programs
2. Provide management support and advice in seeking collaboration with appropriate institutions or non government organizations (NGOs) to advance the delivery of SR program initiatives
3. Lead and deliver the approved CD programs within budget and time planning
4. Report directly to CDCR Coordinator at Gresik; weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual report
5. Provide support in communicating SR plan with CR function and any respected function within Hess organization
6. Provide supports to the rest of team in handling any social issues, as part of CDCR team
7. Ensure all SR program comply with ED 26 and ED 28
• Bachelor degree/S1 in related field of social science, community development with 4 years experience in development work in rural and urban communities; or
• Relevant University degree with 8-10 years of comprehensive experience in development work in both divers and remote environments
• Project management skill
• Self management to work independently
• Logical thinking with sound judgment and problem solver
• Community empowerment focus
• Mature personality
• Communication skill
• Conflict Resolution
Fluency in English (speaking and writing) and local language (preferable). Microsoft office basic skill, MS Project (preferable)
• Facilitating local stakeholders, especially communities and society groups
• Managing community development
• Has experience in working in East Java coastal area (preferably)
• A minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role in oil and gas company (KKKS) will be a plus
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.hess.com/careers and search E&P Jobs no later than 28 March 2012. Put the number you wish to apply in job number box in search criteria page. Please upload your resume and answer the eligibility question truthfully as this will be your requirements to apply. For those of you who do not upload your resume and complete the eligibility question, your application will not be identified as valid application and will not be processed.
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be invited for interview.