URGENTLY REQUIRED :
An international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies is seeking to employ a Program Officer to assist with the daily operation and implementation of its projects.
This is a full time immediate position. Responsibilities include :
1) Provide IFES Indonesia and partner organizations with advice on the full range of technical and operational issues relating to elections – for example, voter registration, voting and counting processes, election logistics – as required;
2) Proactively seek out ways to assist electoral partner organizations in all areas related to the conduct of elections;
3) Undertake research and write reports on issues related to the conduct of elections, based on IFES experience and/or international best practice;
4) Liaise closely with members and officials of Indonesia’s electoral institutions and support ongoing working relationships;
5) Coordinate the planning, administration and logistics for special events undertaken by IFES in the area of election management trainings, workshops or other events;
6) Coordinate and implement assigned projects and programs aimed at increasing electoral information through mass media and other direct forms of communication;
7) Coordinate electoral information activities with civil society actors, and partner organizations within the public and private sectors, as required.
8) Monitor and ensure the quality of voter information products and programs, assess their impact, and make recommendations aimed at improving quality or impact as required.
9) Assist with the translation of technical documents from Bahasa Indonesia to English (and vice versa) in standard electoral wording, as required;
10) Report regularly on project activities to the Senior Project Officer and the Chief of Party;
11) Undertake such as other duties as may be requested/directed from time to time;
12)Travel as required.
Applicants should have :
• At least 7 years of experience of working in international environment, ideally with significant experience in implementing democratic development projects and international program management.
• Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral.
• A high level of self motivation and ability to work autonomously within a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to make independent decisions.
• A degree in political science or related field.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your letter of application and detailed resume at the latest on February 7, 2009 to :
Kawasan Bisnis Granadha lt 8 # 003,
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 50 Jakarta 12930
or by fax to 021-25539402 or email to marisha@ifesindo. com